Once admitted into DPP, students have up to 10 terms before having to take an OSU course. Each term, students have a choice of taking classes at their partner school only, at OSU only, or they can take classes at both OSU and the partner school. View the DPP Financial Aid video for financial aid and DPP details or read more below.

Every DPP student receiving financial aid or scholarships must declare a homeschool and below is some more information on how that works.

Home School

The school that will administer your financial aid and/or Scholarships. All DPP students must have a homeschool. Only one school can pay your aid, but if you are taking classes as a DPP student at both OSU and their community college, and if the credits at their partner school are transferable to their home school, then the partner school credits count towards their overall financial aid credit load.

  • OSU attendance only: OSU must be the homeschool.
  • Partner school attendance only: Partner school must be the homeschool.
  • Classes at both OSU and the partner school: Student may choose a homeschool. Each home school may have different aid packages and rules around financial aid and scholarships for DPP students, so students should plan and work with a homeschool financial aid advisor to understand their financial aid expectations.
Home School Specifics

OSU and each community college require minimum credit hours to process financial aid at the homeschool.
Below is a list of the credit hour requirements. Find your homeschool below, you will find the minimum amount of credits that you must have in a term at that institution for your aid to be applied to your student account (disburse):

Home School Credit Hour Requirements:  Each community college and OSU have credit hour minimums required to process financial aid as the home institution.  Below is a list of the credit hour requirements.  Find your homeschool below, you will find the minimum amount of credits that you must have in a term at that institution for your aid to be applied to your student account (disburse):

1 Credit/1 Course

  • Oregon State University
  • Central Oregon CC
  • Chemeketa CC
  • Clatsop CC
  • Clackamas CC
  • Klamath CC
  • Linn-Benton CC
  • Tillamook Bay CC
  • Umpqua CC

6 Credits

  • Blue Mountain CC
  • Columbia Gorge CC
  • Lane CC
  • Mt. Hood CC
  • Oregon Coast CC
  • Portland CC
  • Rogue CC
  • Southwestern Oregon CC
  • Treasure Valley CC
  • Hawai'i CC
  • Kapio'lani CC
  • Maui College

Good Things to Know

  • Include both OSU and the partner school on FAFSA to keep financial aid options open. Once an award letter is created at both schools, you can make an informed decision on home school.
  • OSU funded grant or scholarships have specific requirements including OSU as the home school and take at least 6 OSU credits each term for the award to disburse.
  • Scholarships from your partner school may have specific requirements; know the policies around the scholarships.
  • After enrolling in the first OSU credit, students must complete a “DPP survey for Financial Aid” at OSU. This can be accessed by visiting MyOSU and clicking:
    • Welcome Tab—>Banner Self Service—>
      Personal Information tab—>Answer a survey
  • To change your home school,  send an email from your OSU email to dpp@oregonstate.edu with your name, ID number, and your request to change your home school, including the specific term.
  • The maximum number of total credits that will count from all previously attended 2-year and/or 4-year institutions is 135 quarter credit hours (90 semester hours). Students are still required to complete at least 60 credits of upper-division coursework at OSU.

DPP Billing & Financial Aid Process

  • DPP students are charged for their tuition and fees for the courses they are taking at each school.
  • Residency
  • Tuition, billing, fees, financial aid and scholarship policies and procedures vary at each school.
  • The home school will communicate with the partner school to know what credits the student is enrolled in and count the eligible credits towards the financial aid credit load.
  • Financial aid will disburse to your home school student account.
    • If financial aid is greater than the home school bill, receive a refund!  Use the refund to pay the bill at the partner school.
    • If aid does not cover the home school bill, the student will owe the home school and is responsible for their partner school bill.